Monday, December 15, 2014

Foundation festival part 6: my favorite drugstore foundations

Finally we are at the last episode of foundation festival and of course we finish with my favorite foundations. I already talked about few of them throughout the week so you can read more about them in those posts. Just to mention them: Lumi Magique by L’Oreal, Matt control 18h by Dermacol, Pure light and Matte fluid foundation by Yves Rocher. There are two more drugstore foundations (or with the drugstore price) that I really like and we are going to talk about them today.

(Just a little bit of information about my skin: I have mostly dry skin with occasionally oily T-zone. Some acne here and there, acne scars, large pores and few wrinkles. Colour shade NW20 in MAC foundations.
What I expect from a foundation: medium coverage, good longevity (more than 7 hours), smoothing my skin texture (hiding pores and acne scars) as well as not accentuating dry patches.)



Lumi Magique foudantion by L'Oreal, Matt control 18h foundation by Dermacol, Invisiwear foundation by EX1 and Matte fluid foundation by Yves Rocher

LASTING FINISH FOUNDATION BY RIMMEL

The brand has changed the packaging recently and I’m not sure if the formula is still the same so I won’t write full review about it. The foundation in old packaging was really nice: good coverage, longevity and not very visible on the skin. I may buy the new one just to test it if it performs the same as the foundation I had before.

INVISIWEAR LIQUID FOUNDATION BY EX1

Price: 30ml costs 13,54€ on lookfantastic, but the site offers very often some % off so I bought it for 10€ (and free shipping).

Scent: it has a make-up scent.

Shades: unfortunately only 5 shades are available. I have shade F100 and F200. Both shades are darker than my skin tone, the F100 has apricot undertone and F200 neutral undertone. I can use it only when I’m selftanned which is such a pity. I sometimes mix it with other foundations just because I like its properties.

Texture and finish: it has creamy consistency; it applies easily with fingers, brush or sponge. It gives semi matt finish and it’s not very visible on the skin. It doesn’t stick to dry patches so it is suitable for dry skin as well as normal or slightly oily skin.

Coverage: it has medium coverage; it evens out the skin tone and covers lot of imperfections.

Longevity: it lasts for 8-10 hours, oily skins girls may need to powder after 5 hours especially on the T-zone.

Invisiwear foundation by EX1

Invisiwear foundation in colour F100 and F200 by EX1

SO WHAT AM I KEEPING AND WHAT AM I GIVING AWAY?

Keeping:

Drugstore:
Invisiwear Liquid foundation by EX1
Lumi Magique by L’Oreal
Matt control 18h by Dermacol (the bottle is empty currently but I will definitely repurchase it)
Caviar long stay by Dermacol
Matte fluid by Yves Rocher
Outlast Stay fabulous in color 820 by Cover Girl (it expires in February 2015 so I will try to use it up)

High end:
Double wear by Estee Lauder (as mentioned before great for evening events)
Miracle Air de Teint by Lancome (not my favorite but it cost a lot so I’ll try to use it unless somebody wants to buy it from me)
Youth Liberator by Yves Saint Laurent (I don’t like this foundation but it cost a lot so I’ll try to use it unless somebody wants to buy it from me)
Restructuring foundation by Peggy Sage (review coming in January)
Waterproof liquid foundation by Makeup Atelier Paris (review coming in February)
HD Airbrush foundation by Makeup Atelier Paris (review coming in February)

Getting rid of:

To my family members:
Outlast Stay fabulous foundation in color 855 by Cover Girl (too dark for me, somebody else will enjoy it more)
Comfort Cream foundation by Yves Rocher
Flawless finish fluid foundation by Yves Rocher
HD Studio Photogenic foundation by NYX
Affinitone foundation by Maybelline
Fit me foundation by Maybelline
Photo Finish 18h liquid foundation by Catrice
Skin evolution foundation by KIKO
Nude Magique foudantion by L’Oreal

Going to the trash:
Colorstay original by Revlon (old bottle)
True Match by L’Oreal (old bottle, almost empty)
Graftobian HI-DEF Glamour cream foundation warm palette n.1 (very old, very nice foundations, great for make-up artists)

Related articles:
Foundation festival part 1: Yves Rocher foundations
Foundation festival part 2: Dermacol foundations

Foundation festival part 3: L’Oreal foundations

Foundation festival part 4: some average drugstore foundations
Foundation festival part 5: some better drugstore foundations (but not my favorites)